As Ballet Northwest (BNW) begins its 48th season of offering high quality dance performances, education, and outreach in the South Sound, I ask you to consider supporting BNW with a season membership. BNW is a non-profit organization that strives to make the art of dance accessible to all, and we rely on the support of our members to make these programs possible. I also invite you to make
a donation to our $50,000 fund to build new Kingdom of Snow
and Land of the Sweets sets for The Nutcracker.
- bus over 1,800 elementary school students to the Washington Center for a free student matinee;
- provide thousands of dollars in financial assistance to local dancers for fees, tuition, and supplies;
- partner with organizations such as Homeless Backpacks, Family Education & Support Center, YWCA, SafePlace, Community Youth Services, and Big Brothers Big Sisters to offer free tickets to families in need;
- offer scholarships to company dancers to attend prestigious summer programs such as American Ballet Theatre, Pacific Northwest Ballet, and Oregon Ballet Theatre, and;
- offer master classes with professional dancers from New York City Ballet, Pacific Northwest Ballet, Oregon Ballet Theatre, and other companies.
- In addition to receiving special program recognition and complimentary tickets (depending on membership level) all BNW members receive top ticket priority for both The Nutcracker
and Swan Lake.
Thank you for your support,
– Chris Cushman
President, Ballet Northwest
Board of Directors